07 June 2013

T.G.I.F

"Thank God its finished". My test pattern is finished, it doesn't yield a perfect result but then I'm on my way to my greatest challenge of being able to sew something lots of people have perfectly done.  This is what I been upto since 3 o'clock this afternoon. Testing a pattern of Eva dress. Technically I was wrong right from the beginning, downloading a bigger size, which I cannot help it coz even if I buy dresses here in Europe, be it in Holland, Germany or here in Belgium,  it doesn't fit good all the time. Hence the German size of 44 is a lot bigger than size 44 from Burda pattern. But then it also depends on what fabric we are talking about.

Here: I used a light wollen fabric which is not really good for this style. I wasn't able to get the draping right plus I need to add 2 centemeters before adding it. I look so very fat and plumpy. The yoke doesn't look good either. Nevertheless I am positive that if I alter my pattern a little bit and used the right material it should be alright. Not bad for a beginner. I know I still have a lot to learn but the good thing is : I was not so frustrated right away as before when things didn't go well. I didn't expect also that this fabric will turn out good when its sewn into something. Now I have a second challenge which is to salvage it and transform it into a wearable one. Tomorrow is gonna be another day full of surprises and blessings for me. I wish you all the same. Now, I have some ironing works to do. :)

No comments:

my finished works