01 December 2010

Officially jobless starting today.

Starting today I am officially jobless for an indefinite period of time. Indefinite because I have no idea if I could last staying at home everyday in my life.
I am too young for pension but since I am married to one, I have no other choice but to accept the fact that if I continue working, I will end up paying more taxes than earning. That's the way it is in Belgium. I do not understand, I will never understand the law here. There people like me who are willing to work, who have chances to work, capacity and opportunity to work but chooses to stay at home to avoid huge taxes. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who doesn't want to work at all, who are living in the mercy of the government, who are choosing to stay at home without doing any effort to find a job. People who are in the state of depression so they say. I hope to God that I won't be depressed in the long run, doing aside from household chores focusing on my hobbies. Well anyway I'll be doing more volunteer jobs (without pay) starting January like cleaning our church once a week. Helping the volunteers in Open Heart. It is an NGO's who are helping people with difficulties through providing goods which are mostly used (2nd hand) but still usable. I enjoy working with them, every thursday morning. Its not so much work, but I am happy to be with people, to interact with them, share conversations. It is kind of routine activities but It keeps me occupied at the same time. Anyway it is very cold nowadays here in Belgium. negative 5 degrees outside and it is still icy due to the early snow fall 2 days ago. First time in 17 years to snow in November say's my husband. It's a pity for older people who cannot go out of their house in this periods. As for me, I am busy sewing a table cloth with Christmas motifs. I'll be needing it to put on my Christmas tree. Besides I have enormous loads of cross stitching projects waiting to be finished up.

No comments:

my finished works