07 January 2010

2 weeks before my vacation to Philippines

Well its going to be very hectic for me for the next few days and probably as well as
the day I arrived in the Philippines. My baggage is already packed, with the usual presents that i bring every time I travel and of course Belgian chocolates occupied the half of my valise. This time I would also bring waffle maker. I'd be very busy next week with cooking meals that would go in the freezer, otherwise my dear husband will content himself with beef steak and sausage the whole month that I am away. I am really eager now to go and see for myself the damage brought about by the floods in my parents house. I was devastated when I heard that all my old books and school mementos was destroyed. All the psychological testing materials which I spend so much money just to be able to buy it was destroyed. My cross stitch patterns and finished works was also damaged. Actually it is my own fault. Last year when I was there I put them all in boxes. I stashed them away in my old room, thinking as soon as my new house was painted I would ask my brother to bring it there. But I totally forgotten all about it. Thus, I have no one to blame. I'll see what I can salvage from my works. if I am not mistaken I have at least 15 pieces finished works, ranging from landscape, disney characters and Thomas Kinkade artworks. Its a shame if I have to throw them away. I had spent half of my life working on them. And for my books, the very dear and priceless possession a poor child could ever had, I have to say goodbye.

No comments:

my finished works