23 December 2013

Just finished packing my baggage

Its first time ever that I haven't focused myself on what to make for Christmas eve. First time ever that I write Christmas cards just for a few  people who really closed to me. Since the aftermath of the storm became visibly horrid and the war in Syria is still going on. I decided not to make a lot of fuss over the holidays. I thought about reflecting and pray everyday for the unfortunate people who could not have a chance to buy themselves a Noche Buena. I have made a  decision to spend what I normally give for presents to a worthy cause. When all the papers are done and its official, I would probably tell more about it.

But now I would like to show what I have been up to lately. Going home to the Philippines means a lot to me. Every time our booking is confirmed, I began buying things and presents so that It would not tighten my budget all at once. My baggage is always to the limit, thanks to the 30 kilo allowance this time. We are flying with Ethad that's why. As always, I don't bring much clothes from here 'cause, clothes are cheaper down there. But sometimes, I wanted to wear house dress just like the old times and because everybody does. (the women) I thought about sewing some for myself, of course  one of the main reason is to show off to my sisters that I can already sew (lol).

This is what we called  "Duster". I'm not really sure but I think it usually should be worn when cleaning or dusting. It has become a natural habbit of the women to wear some kind of dress like this because its comfortable due to the warm temperature. 

And here are what I made out of scraps for some kids in the neighborhood. Its not really easy sewing children's clothes when one is only guessing for their sizes. But I hope to get better ideas next time.




No comments:

my finished works