21 May 2013

Testing a photo pattern

I have had successful photo stitches in the past, some of which I cannot publish here because the subject paid me for doing it. But I also have some unsatisfying works still rolled in the cabinet. Aside from stitching a wrong photo, with bad shots and very little pixels. I have noticed I do not care a lot if its mine. I was very careful if its for someone else. So I thought about learning how to do it right. The first thing I set my mind on doing is test a photo pattern of myself. Which pattern I ordered somewhere else.

So I am now busy with this:




In this pattern: I stitched it just like my normal nonchalance ways. It doesn't have to be in a special fabric, using DMC as I always prefer it from Anchor.

Secondly, I will not change any color, It is supposed to be in black, so I stitched it black.

Then I will see later on what did I do wrong. It seems perfect until now, but little by little I begin to see here in there something wrong. And I am pretty sure I can find my own solution, otherwise its not fun anymore stitching a photo. I like it very much, though its a computer manipulated pattern. We stitchers puts life in it. I used to be somebody who is happy about the amount of works I have done. But Its time to add a little or more quality this time, even if it takes me years to finish it.


No comments:

my finished works