16 September 2010

My sewing class a mixture of races

My sewing class has finally started last tuesday.
We are a group of 10 people with mix races. Belgian, turks and I am the only one asiatic. I was not really impressed in the beginning because the teacher have informed me that its not a school, its an activity center that focuses on sewing activities. I didn't expect it of course because I enrolled in a particular voacational school but because I cannot attend classes at night, the director sent me there to find out for myself if I can fit in in the group. Here in belgium, we called these type of courses as 'lage drempled'. women who achieved low school or unfinished studies. It was a rather interesting group anyway, very happy people. It is but natural to not to do so much at first day, anyway thus, we had more coffe times than talk about sewing at all. Nevertheless because I am a new comer I had to start with sewing an apron just like everyone else did. so that the teacher can see for herself how far I am when it comes to sewing techniques. I am pretty sure that I have so much to tell next time.

No comments:

my finished works