18 December 2009

Christmas Spirits is uplifting





I think it is the upcoming 'fiesta' that lifts my spirits a little bit, that is why I sit nowadays back in front of the computer. In fact I bought a new hard disk,
a new cordless keyboard. And had a few times took a look in my facebook. People are asking already whats up. Well, this is it: I am due to fly to the Philippines next month January 25. Finally, a break, no, no, its not a vacation. It is actually a working visit. Yeah that's what I called it. Because I had to do mountains of things in my house, ranging from painting the house interiors, replanting-plants. I have to see to it that a new gate is done. There is something to be done in my sitting room, where I am going to install the sewing machine that I send via balikbayan box. Gosh, I don't know how I could do so much things in 5 weeks. But then, just thinking about it keeps me back alive.

And yeah its Christmas of course. We are the only house having a Christmas lights in our street with almost 96 houses. And we are right in the middle of the whole neighborhood. So everybody who will pass by noticed our scantily decorated house. It is pathetically lonely and un-interesting Christmas here in Belgium. And I hate it. I missed Christmas carols, the colors, the light, the smells of Christmas in the Philippines. Knowing it is a third world country compare to Belgium. I wanted to believe that most of the people here are really supporting the climate conference in Copenhagen. Although I still don't imagine myself, spending lots of money in expensive clothes and boots, and depriving myself of being fascinated with Christmas lights. Or maybe I still have the childlike dreams that Santa Claus is coming to town. And every child receives gifts. And I am one of them.

No comments:

my finished works